What is the Full Form of OTT Platforms?
OTT Platforms full form is “Over The Top” which means any streaming service that is delivered over the internet.
Streaming services have been changing the world of entertainment forever. With these services, you can watch content at any time and from anywhere, and most people enjoy them a lot more than regular cable TV. Over-The-Top (OTT) platforms provide high-quality, original programming to keep you entertained.
What is an OTT Platform?
An OTT Platform is a communication platform that connects people and organizations. The platform combines communication, collaboration, and content management in one place.
The Ott Platform is a communication platform that you can use either professionally or for your personal life. For example, it can be used to manage project-related conversations, manage tasks and oversee calendars. It also allows for easy access to email from the computer or from the device of your choice.
Importance of OTT Platforms in India
- Over-the-top media services such as Netflix and Amazon Prime have been very popular in India for the last few years. They offer streaming services that viewers can watch online without having to follow traditional broadcasting standards.
- Over-the-top streaming services are good for content creators because they don’t have to go through the traditional TV channels. You can also use an AI understanding machine to read screenplays and write reviews for you.
- An example of COVID-19 impact is in people wanting access to newer movies when it’s no longer in theatres.
- It’s always a bummer to find out that the local theatre is closed due to natural disasters or other reasons. However, there are many options for you to stay entertained with movies even if your local movie theatre is closed.
- In the unfortunate event that theatres are closed for an extended period of time, there are plenty of options – including OTT service providers – that can keep you entertained.
List of the Best OTT Platforms in India:
1. Netflix in India
Netflix ranks among the top 10 OTT platforms in India. It launched first in America and came to India in late 2018.
- For people who use smartphones – you can enjoy unlimited data with 1 month of free Netflix for just Rs. 199
- Laptops & Tablets – Rs.499 subscription offers screen support.
2. Disney+ Hotstar OTT platform
- In India, Disney+Hotstar has the most subscribed users and it also has the widest range of content among all other OTT platforms. The application offers live TV channels, past episodes and a host of movies – every genre imaginable.
- Filmy isn’t just a WebTV. It has free and paid subscription packages. The cheapest is the VIP subscriptions starting at Rs. 299 while the Premium package gives you an OTT platform exclusive web series.
3. Amazon Prime Video
- Amazon Prime Video is only available on the Amazon Online Shopping application for Prime users. It has competed successfully with other OTTs and is popular among Indian customers for its wide selection of TV shows, reality TV series, sports events etc.,
- The Starter pack is for Rs. 129 per year which is a very budget-friendly subscription plan whereas the annual pack comes at Rs. 999 with 8 ad credits per month. If you’ve recently started your own business, this may be the perfect fit for you with an introductory period of 60 days offer with no monthly commitment.
- Zee5 became very popular after they released a web series called “Scam 1992”. More and more Indian movies are using the app for launches and the Zee5 application is also merged with AltBalaji, This app has all that, consisting of music videos and other types of videos too.
- Apart from that, you can also watch TV series episodes on Zee5. The subscription fee for its pack is just Rs. 99.
5. Jio Cinema
- Owned by Reliance Industries, Jio Cinema is a popular over-the-top video streaming service that offers movies & TV shows from different genres. It launched in September 2016.
- Jio’s Cinema service is free for any Jio user. Those without a Jio SIM card can sign up for Rs 249 or 549 per month to enjoy the benefits of Jio Cinema.
6. Sony Liv
- The Sony Liv app has been widely popular as an OTT service in India. In this service, all of the 18-year old content from Sony Networks channels is provided.
- Sony LIV is a one-stop destination for people looking for premium entertainment. They offer live streaming of TV shows, movies, sports matches, and Sony Six are included as part of a Rs 199 monthly package
- Voot is an Indian streaming service that was set up by the company behind Colors, India’s longest-running English-language television channel. It’s one of India’s largest TV show production companies.
- You can upgrade to the premium service with Rs. 99 monthly pack, or if you’re looking for more commitment, you can sign up for an annual package of Rs. 999. Asur is the most popular original series in Voot Select Premium.
- Balaji Telefilms is an OTT platform with its own application, called ALTBalaji, on the digital market. It’s available on mobile, tablet, Android TV, and desktop.
- ALTBalaji is available to watch for free in India but it’s only available on some selected shows and headlines. To access more content you need to buy a premium subscription plan starting from 100 INR to 300 INR.
- Aha is a Telugu video service that is available as an online on-demand streaming platform. It also offers over-the-top broadcasts. Arha Media & Broadcasting Private Limited, from India, own it.
- Sign up for AHA today and experience the latest entertainment from your favourite celebrities and artists Subscribe To aha Only For ₹ 399/Year.
10. MX Player
- MX player is a popular video player in India and has just entered the online streaming market as well. Currently, they generate revenue by displaying ads on their platform. Videos that are advertisement-free are the best. They allow viewers to enjoy videos without any disruptions.
- MX player is the only free OTT platform in india.
- There are many free OTT platforms in india, but MX Player is the only one that has a free service. The other platforms, including Hotstar and Jio TV, provide their service for free only if the user has subscribed to their services.
- OTT platforms are the future of the television industry. They are already making it easy for customers to watch television on their terms, but they are also paving new paths for content distribution.
- This is because OTT platforms can provide new ways to create and distribute content. Traditional TV companies will not be able to generate this kind of creativity on their own.
You may also read: Watch & Download Latest Movies Online in iBomma
Comments are closed, but trackbacks and pingbacks are open.